Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title states, I have a 2012 Tech and it has started making a noise from the front of the vehicle. kind of a roaring noise that has gotten louder in recent weeks. It has new Michelin tires on it so I don't believe they are the culprits. It started making the noise after the tires were put on. It has gotten so loud that it is hard to hear the stereo.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Is the noise constant or does it change with speed? Also, can you tell if it gets louder turning one direction and quiets a bit turning the other? If the sound changes with turning, my bet would be a wheel bearing.

·
Registered
345 Posts
All I know is my road noise went away after getting rid of the OEM Michelin's and putting different tires on.

At first I thought I had a bad wheel hub.

Will not get another set of Michelin's again.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
I drive on old grey to new black asphalt and concrete hwys on my daily commute. My conti DWS 06 tires are the loudest on really old grey colored asphalt. Almost silent with new(er) dark asphalt. Concrete is about in the middle. It might just be the road conditions on your daily commute.

If you done an alignment, rotation, cross-rotation, proper PSI, and road force balance are the things I check off my list first. It just might be the tires in the end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts