Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been connecting a cable to the USB plug in the center console and using it to charge/power my cell phone. I recently got a new phone that utilizes the newer Type C plug. The new cable works fine when connected to the USB port of my laptop computer - but, does not provide any power to the phone when connected to the USB port in the center console. Not sure - but, guessing I probably have a blown fuse.

I've researched all of the printed material (owner's manual and internet) and cannot figure out which fuse box and which fuse number is used to power the USB plug - a little help would be greatly appreciated - or, do any of you think there is some other problem?

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Are you using your older v2.0/3.0 USB car charger+Type C USB cable or did you upgrade to a USB C car charger as well? I don't think you can mix the new type C USB with the older chargers? Can you test the 12v port with another older device designed for it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I upgraded to a new USB to Type C cable. I will try to find something to test the older type of cable (I no longer have the older phone)

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
You might need an adapter to convert the older USB plug in the armrest to be compatible with the newer USB Type C device (micro USB cable with type C adapter on the end): https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Micro-USB-USB-C-Adapter/dp/B01K1JV7QA

I don't know if the adapter will charge the phone only or give you sync capabilities to control the phone from the steering wheel. Might have to charge the phone only with USB and use bluetooth to control the new phone if you don't have it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts