Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I just bought an 2012 mdx full loaded with tech and advance packages. The usb port isn't working at all. I tried 2 different phones, 2 different cables, an a flash drive. Not seeing anything. The USB port cable thing looks fine. Is there a fuse or something? What could the problem be? Thanks

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Does the phone show it is charging when you connect to the USB? I leave a USB stick plugged in and select USB from the mode button to select it. I would take it back to the dealership to have them fix if you can. I would also double-check the HD music hard-drive, 12v power outlet, bluetooth audio streaming, and AUX input to make sure those are working fine also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. USB port is not working at all. Everything else on the head unit works, but acuralink. It won't give me traffic reports or weather but I think you have to pay for that right?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Nope. USB port is not working at all. Everything else on the head unit works, but acuralink. It won't give me traffic reports or weather but I think you have to pay for that right?
Traffic and weather are two separate subscription with XM. A smart phone will give you faster and more accurate traffic/weather info than the XM system. It only comes in handy if you travel a lot and have poor or no cell reception.

It should be a simple connection for the USB to the head unit. Maybe that connection just went bad or disconnected? You might have to take it to the dealership for an estimate to fix. I really like the USB connection for music; but, you still have streaming bluetooth and 12v power outlet that can do the same thing (sound quality not as good streaming).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Traffic and weather are two separate subscription with XM. A smart phone will give you faster and more accurate traffic/weather info than the XM system. It only comes in handy if you travel a lot and have poor or no cell reception.

It should be a simple connection for the USB to the head unit. Maybe that connection just went bad or disconnected? You might have to take it to the dealership for an estimate to fix. I really like the USB connection for music; but, you still have streaming bluetooth and 12v power outlet that can do the same thing (sound quality not as good streaming).
OK cool.
Yeah, I like the usb too, because it lets you control your smartphone with the steering wheel controls. That is the way i did it in my TL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts