Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run a second set of wheels/tires for winter without the tire pressure monitors in the rims? Will the TPMS just not work or will there be a constant error displayed?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
There will be a constant error. I found a set of OEM rims this summer with the TPMS installed and will be swapping out to those.

Most tire shops can install aftermarket TPMS fairly cheap, but you'll have to have them reprogram each time you swap wheels. With OEM sensors you can just install the wheels and it will recognize them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Are you sure you have to reprogram? I was talking to Discount Tire direct and they had in their notes that the car will self-learn the new sensors each time. Some cars you do have to program, but i don't think you do with this one.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Are you sure you have to reprogram? I was talking to Discount Tire direct and they had in their notes that the car will self-learn the new sensors each time. Some cars you do have to program, but i don't think you do with this one.
As long as the tpms frequency matches, you should t have to reprogram and it will pick it up automatically. I've used non-OEM sensors before just fine.

I've run a second pair of rims before for almost a year without tpms sensors, and the only thing you can't do is turn off the traction control.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts