Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that whenever I accelerate, especially from a slow speed or at a complete stop, that my rpm's will hesitate, like the needle is subtly going up and down at around 2000 rpms, like it's trying to shift up a gear, and you can kind of feel the car jerk when it does this, but the feeling is very subtle. Does anyone here know what the problem might be? I bought the car used. Do you think it could be a problem with the transmission fluid or something like that. Could the previous owner have not done a fluid change/flush? I'm not sure what would cause the car to behave like this.

Also I notice a whiny noise (the same type of sound when you put the car into reverse) whenever I'm accelerating from a stop. But this problem doesn't happen always, just randomly at times. Not sure if these 2 problems are somehow related. If anyone knows what it might be, I would definitely appreciate some help or feedback. I don't have warranty on the car. So just trying to see what my least expensive options are to get these 2 problems addressed.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
torque converter problems. Go to dealership, ask them to update software for transmission and then change transmission OIL.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Agree that you should do 2 trans. fluid changes about 50 miles apart. It is a simple drain and fill operation. Should be no more than $60 each time. Make sure to use Genuine Acura Fluid.

Don't let anyone try to sell you an expensive flush. Acura engineering specifically warns against it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts