Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 MDX that just turned over to 106K miles this afternoon. Before I got this car I had a 2012 Honda Ridgeline. The ride quality of the Ridgeline was much better than the ride quality of my MDX. Don't get me wrong, the MDX is a much sportier ride. I have almost new Pirelli Scorpion Strada tires that I bought at Discount Tire. The tires I had on the Ridgeline were Michelins.

At 106K miles, is there anything that I can do to improve the ride quality of my MDX? I love the car...just with the ride were a little smoother...and still sporty.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is it a Advance model or Tech/base?
What are your tire psi’s at?
Michelins are usually a softer tire compared to Pirelli.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
At 106K miles, is there anything that I can do to improve the ride quality of my MDX? I love the car...just with the ride were a little smoother...and still sporty.
Not really. Uness your shocks are completely worn (you will feel improvement after replacing them). Even on 18" wheels it's still harsh over pothole ridden Canadian roads.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
The sporty suspension of the MDX along with sh-awd is what sets it apart from Infinity and Lexus counterparts. No sporty ride and the MDX is just a more expensive Honda Pilot with a different body style.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
The sporty suspension of the MDX along with sh-awd is what sets it apart from Infinity and Lexus counterparts. No sporty ride and the MDX is just a more expensive Honda Pilot with a different body style.
2010-2012 sport version is the ADVANCE model which has thicker sway and ADS damper. Even Without the ADS damper or replace the ADS damper with non-ADS it is still handling like a sport version. After the ADS conversion the suspension stiffness is between comfort and sport mode which is perfect. Comfort mode is too spongy and sport mode is too hardy. These two mode get worse as the damper aged over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
That is why I went for my 11 MDX Adv because of the thicker sway bars and ADS magnetic struts/shocks (added 20" Conti DWS 06 tires). I've already replaced all four ADS under warranty; but, I'm out of warranty now with +143,000 miles on her. I added the 19 MDX hybrid last year to the stable because of extra HP/TQ, electronic dampers, and super sophisticated sh-awd tq vectoring system. My hybrid handles noticeable better than my 11 MDX Adv (both come in at around the same weight). You get the enhance tq vectoring handing w/ and w/o engine power and you don't have the mpg drop and drive-train hp loss with the mechanical system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it a Advance model or Tech/base?
What are your tire psi’s at?
Michelins are usually a softer tire compared to Pirelli.
I have a 2012 MDX Tech. I have the PSI at the manufacturer's recommended pressure of 34 psi. I guess I could try to lower that some...

·
Registered
762 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts