Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new here.
The other day I went for lunch, parked my MDX rear end. Parking lots were a bit hilly. When I returned to the car, started the engine, shifted gear to d, Then pressed accelerator. Car wouldn't move forward. So I pressed a bit harder to 3k rpm, car wouldn't move at all. My coworker was also in my car and we were frozen the for Dec, I turn the engine off. Waited a bit then restart the car, it started to move as if nothing happened. I dropped the car off at the dealer for 3rd transmission testing and just got a call saying car drives perfect. I also brought the car in for rubber burning smells at hard accelerate and I was again informed everything is normal. I cannot explain the symptoms any better.. help!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi, I am new here.
The other day I went for lunch, parked my MDX rear end. Parking lots were a bit hilly. When I returned to the car, started the engine, shifted gear to d, Then pressed accelerator. Car wouldn't move forward. So I pressed a bit harder to 3k rpm, car wouldn't move at all. My coworker was also in my car and we were frozen the for Dec, I turn the engine off. Waited a bit then restart the car, it started to move as if nothing happened. I dropped the car off at the dealer for 3rd transmission testing and just got a call saying car drives perfect. I also brought the car in for rubber burning smells at hard accelerate and I was again informed everything is normal. I cannot explain the symptoms any better.. help!!!

The rubber burning smell under hard acceleration could be the body plugs the mdx has are missing usually located near the doors towards the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts