Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I was in an accident (2 and 4 yo are fine!!!). I'm not able to get my car in for repair quotes for at least two days but would love any opinions as to whether or not you think my car would be totaled. My car slid down an embankment and hit the corner of a garage. Any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
If none of the airbags deployed, no suspension damage, and no frame damage; it should be repairable.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
go to a junkyard and find a donor car. replace both doors and the mirror. repaint it. shouldn't be too expensive if no other damage.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Honda is very iffy with B Pillar damage, if its bent in any light angle it will be totaled as Honda classed the B Pillar as Un-repairable.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Depends on how hard the impact was. If the car hit the wall at a fairly good speed, it's very probable that the whole car has bent as it's a UNIBODY designed to absorb energy and redistribute it around the passenger cell.

You'll need work on both doors, glass, mirror and paint. As well a new side step and repairing any of the damage that's hidden right now. I'd easily put this at $3000 dollars in damage. It all comes down to how much time will be needed to repair parts as labor is not cheap at bodyshops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts