Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We’re having a parasitic battery drain in our 2012 MDX. I changed my battery a few months back so I thought I had a defective battery I brought the battery to the auto parts store and they honor the guaranty so they give me a new battery. After letting the vehicle set for a couple of days with no use the battery went dead again. The auto parts store fully charged the battery and checked the charging system and they told me that it was charging good. So I started to google the problem and find out that a lot of people have the same problem and that the problem is the Bluetooth module so I disconnected the Bluetooth thinking that it will solve the problem and after two days the battery died again. I changed the relay for the a/c clutch without plugging the Bluetooth back knowing that those are the two causes people are having this problem but the problem is still there. I found a video on YouTube that explain how to find the fuse that is drawing power wile the truck is off using a multimeter and find out that if I leave the radio fuse out the battery drain stops the problem is that I don’t have music the door locks doesn’t work neither my entertainment system, back up camera, navigation system or the back door power opener.
This is my wife’s vehicle and she depends on it every morning to take the kids to school at least now it starts every morning but I don’t know what else to do fix the problem and make it fully functional.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would unplug just the radio. Not the fuse - the radio itself. The radio fuse feeds power to several other devices. Probably it's an internal fault with the radio so it has to be repaired or replaced.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I
I would unplug just the radio. Not the fuse - the radio itself. The radio fuse feeds power to several other devices. Probably it's an internal fault with the radio so it has to be repaired or replaced.
Thanks for the advice. I am going to dig in to it a little bit more in to it since there’s other devices that run from that fuse I want to make sure that the problem is not on the door locks or the motor that operates the back door or even the backup camera.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Sometimes the CD/DVD-changer is the fault as it keeps on working after the car is locked. Same happened to me. I took all of the disks out and left it for a couple of days. Reinserted the disks after and never had a drain caused by the unit again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sometimes the CD/DVD-changer is the fault as it keeps on working after the car is locked. Same happened to me. I took all of the disks out and left it for a couple of days. Reinserted the disks after and never had a drain caused by the unit again.
I checked the cd changer and there is not cds in it neither on the DVD player and I just realized that the fuse I removed is not the radio fuse is the # 7 back up fuse I’m more confused now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Is your HFL module disconnected? If not, disconnect it and see if the drain stopped. If it does, great! Just leave it disconnected and forget about it.

Here's my video on it:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is your HFL module disconnected? If not, disconnect it and see if the drain stopped. If it does, great! Just leave it disconnected and forget about it.

Here's my video on it:
Already try that and didn’t stop the drain. One thing I didn’t mention is that all this started after I replaced the windshield so I’m wondering if there is something on the rear view mirror like the GPS antenna maybe something that keeps searching for signal because the draw is very low like 0.27 milliamps and when I remove the fuse it goes down to 0.06.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Check your sun visors or any interior lights that r left on ( trunk lights second row etc. )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
On my 2010 MDX it was a blown diode in the alternator, it was also a little wining but not always, would drain in 2 days especially when cold, was charging ok but not holding. Had to replace the alternator, works fine now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got a chance to work on my mdx today and I basically disconnected all the center console and I still have the drain problem now I don’t know what else could be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On my 2010 MDX it was a blown diode in the alternator, it was also a little wining but not always, would drain in 2 days especially when cold, was charging ok but not holding. Had to replace the alternator, works fine now.
Next time I’m going to disconnect the alternator to see if that helps tnx for the advice.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
You need to read some wiring diagram to figure out what are connected to fuse 7. If you have no idea on that, how can you expect to solve the problem?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
I read on some of the models there was a problem with the Remote garage opener that's built in in the headliner. It would drain the battery. I would google for a better description and a solution. GL.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts