Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've searched on here and elsewhere via google to find out the answer to my issue but can't really find a clear modern answer. All of them were for ipods and from years ago. I'm hoping I can find some more recent input from people who have to deal with the same thing.

I just purchased a cherry 2012 MDX yesterday with the Tech package and I have my iPhone plugged in via the aux input in the front of the center console with a 3.5mm cord going into a lightning adapter on the iPhone.

The volume is ridiculously low.

Are there settings anywhere I can access to increase the aux input volume? Do I require a passive amp to feed the cable through before it goes into the aux input? If so, will the sound quality be ok? Is there another aux input in the car that gives a better result? Do I have to disable XM somehow (I saw this in some old message board entries on the subject)? Because I don't use XM and could happily do that if I need to.

Thanks and happy to join the greater MDX family.

P.S., I would also happily accept links to solutions people have successfully used to get a modern Carplay head unit in their 2012-era MDX. I do not require the Acura Navigation to remain functional or the DVD player for that matter. But to start I'm hoping to find a quick fix for my aux volume dilemma.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
How is the volume with bluetooth? I've never tried using the AUX cord on my iPhone 6S+ in my 11 MDX. It is usually streaming bluetooth or I use music copy/paste onto a flashdrive plugged into the USB port in the center console. If your iphone is connected for handsfree, it is ready to go for streaming bluetooth (use the mode button above the steering wheel volume controls to switch over). You can then use the steering wheel buttons for change tracks and volume.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
When I compare the Aux in vs BT, the aux in was louder compared to BT on my 2011. Both of them are less loud than if you were playing directly through USB or CD or using iPhone as an iPod.

I would recommend using iPhone as iPod meaning connect it to the USB port, you can even control the music then using steering controls.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts