Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to be getting worse, it began around 35,000 miles & is now easily recreatable at 56,000 miles. Even with the recreation at the dealer they are telling me it's normal. It's now to the point that even lazy acceleration moving up the gears casually will actually make everybody's heads "bob" at the surge on & off. If I just floor it or take off aggressively there is no hesitation at all. Seems to be a hesitation with the transmission to shift, then the engine either revs (getting ready to change gears, then doesn't), or revs and then doesn't change depending on whether I'm still accelerating or not. Anybody else experience this?

Having only recently been out of warranty, I do have it documented with the dealer however they read no codes so they offer no advise...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Engine surge - RPMs jumping

Sounds like your torque converter is going bad.

Seems to be getting worse, it began around 35,000 miles & is now easily recreatable at 56,000 miles. Even with the recreation at the dealer they are telling me it's normal. It's now to the point that even lazy acceleration moving up the gears casually will actually make everybody's heads "bob" at the surge on & off. If I just floor it or take off aggressively there is no hesitation at all. Seems to be a hesitation with the transmission to shift, then the engine either revs (getting ready to change gears, then doesn't), or revs and then doesn't change depending on whether I'm still accelerating or not. Anybody else experience this?

Having only recently been out of warranty, I do have it documented with the dealer however they read no codes so they offer no advise...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts