Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone. has anyone ever had to deal with a p0776 code? it came shortly after the car refused to shift at all properly.
if you take off it will "thud" into gear HARD. only did it a few times as we turned home. wont downshift unless full stop.

im going to change fluid and replace pressure control solenoid B. i don't see the solenoid available anywhere though.

70k miles, we have owned the car for 3.5 months ( only came with a 3 month warranty)

thanks guys

·
Registered
1 Posts
Similar symptoms with P0776 and P0757

Thuds between 1st and 2nd and then between 2nd and 3rd. Won't go into 4th or 5th. Check engine light and flashing D5 light usually happen too. Run it for awhile like this until it warms up. Shut it off, start it again, and it runs normally. Already replaced solenoid A/B and have changed tranny fluid twice (typically change it every ~10K - always with Honda fluid). Symptoms remain. ~150K miles on the car. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey everyone. has anyone ever had to deal with a p0776 code? it came shortly after the car refused to shift at all properly.
if you take off it will "thud" into gear HARD. only did it a few times as we turned home. wont downshift unless full stop.

im going to change fluid and replace pressure control solenoid B. i don't see the solenoid available anywhere though.

70k miles, we have owned the car for 3.5 months ( only came with a 3 month warranty)

thanks guys

thanks guys
Hello I am having the same issue and code number. P0776 possible performance or stuck shut. I was just wondering if you ever got this issue fixed I have the same exact symptoms and cannot find where selenoid b is located any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
First check your coolant and your trans fluid and make sure they haven't mixed. the radiator can fail internally and mix the 2 fluids causing all sorts of issues. Trans fluid should be a bright pink/red oil. Coolant should be a blue liquid (honda type 2 coolant).

If they look fine, warm up the car to operating temp. Turn the car off and check the trans dipstick within 60 seconds of turning off. The fluid should be between the 2 dots on the dipstick. Too little or too much fluid can cause issues.

Have you changed the trans fluid at all? I would drain the fluid and pass it through a strainer to ensure there is no metal debris in the oil. If there is, you'll need a new trans. If there is no metal in the fluid, a simple change (drain and refill with 3-4 quarts). Use honda DW-1 trans fluid, you can find it for $100 for 12 1-quart bottles so you'll have enough to do a full fluid exchange.

I'll post some pictures of diagnostic info to see after you do the above:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry I forgot to mention this a 2012 acura mdx with the 6 speed transmission. I will do all of the following you stated. Thank you for all the info I will het back to you. And I just change the fluid 2000 miles ago. With oem atf dw1 and brought the car up to operating temp and check the fluid with in 60 seconds of the engine shut off and the fluid was at the correct level.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
^ that is for the 5spd which is different than the 6spd auto used in the 2010-2015 MDX

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry I forgot to mention this a 2012 acura mdx with the 6 speed transmission. I will do all of the following you stated. Thank you for all the info I will het back to you. And I just change the fluid 2000 miles ago. With oem atf dw1 and brought the car up to operating temp and check the fluid with in 60 seconds of the engine shut off and the fluid was at the correct level.
Hi, just wondering if there are any updates as I'm facing a similar issue with my 2012.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Reactions: drshaun

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody actually troubleshoot this? I have changed the fluid 4 times in the past 7000 miles, its at correct level. I have about 1 ohm between wire at computer harness and wire connector at solenoid & 1 ohm from connector at solenoid to ground, so harness wiring is good. I tried swapping the whole secondary valve body with a different one. I also tested all solenoids - ohms were good and they click when powered.
Has anyone fixed theirs yet? If so what did it take.
My next thought is to apply 12 volts at the computer plug and verify solenoid clicks to make sure the connector on the solenoid has a good connection. If that is good I'll probably pull the PCM apart and check for burns or corrosion(tried to crack the case but it's a pain, sealed very well), if no corrosion or burn makes present I'll replace the entire transmission. Sigh.

I'm open to any other thoughts or information out there.
Mine is a 2011 MDX (6 speed automatic)
Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts