Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2011 w/ 119k miles, tech package. It has had the the timing belt replaced, the water pump replaced, and had the 105k tune up. The exterior is very nice except for a small bit of impact damage on the passenger side front. I can see some condensation in the low running light. The interier looks brand new. A very small person must have been the only driver, never ate in it , and never let anyone in the back seat. It is gorgeous. They want around 19k. is there any questions I should be asking?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just purchased a 2010 MDX, Tech and Entertainment packages, with 94,000 miles on it, for $19,888. It has not had the timing belt, valve adjustment, or tuneup done on it yet. According to everything I could find on it, mine was a pretty good deal. My Acura dealer quoted me around $800 for the timing belt, $600 for the valve adjustment, and $200 for the tuneup, so those are costs that you don't have to concern yourself about. I would ask your dealer if they have any service records on it. If not, you can do some investigating on your own by calling your local Acura dealer (if the car you're looking at isn't at an Acura lot) and giving them the VIN. If they did the work on it, they will have records...at the very least, they will know where it was sold when new. Ask the selling dealer if they can give you a Carfax on it...it will give you an idea how many previous owners it's had, if it was ever a lease or fleet vehicle, if it's ever been in an accident, etc. I was lucky...my car was a one owner, and I found the original owner's name and phone number in the Handsfreelink address book in the car, and was able to call her and get all the information on it, along with the name of the servicing dealer, who sent me the service records. If it's been serviced regularly, and has been taken care of, then it's probably not too bad of a deal. Check places like nadaguides.com, Edmunds.com, and kbb.com to give you an idea of average prices. Another place I like is cargurus.com. If the dealer selling the car lists it on the internet, you'll find it there...and it will tell you how many days it's been on their lot, if they've reduced the price any, and if it's a good deal or not based upon their valuations. It will also give you a list of other MDX's in your general area, and the details and prices on those vehicles.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Timing belt can be done for as low as 599 for the waterpump, 2 belts and coolant. Valve adjustment is 2-3 hours of labor, my dealer charges flat $400.Tune is up garbage cost that you don't need. You can do the air filters yourself at home and save money.

·
Registered
719 Posts
This one is really close to being a good (not great) deal.
It depends on that damage.
Test drive it to a body shop, get an estimate, and see if the dealer will split the cost, with you.
If the dealer was buying it at an auction, it had a clean title, and no damage, he would submit a max bid, of $20,120.
How bad is the damage?

Post some photos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts