Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago my door locks, keyless entry, windows, tailgate door, sunroof and gas tank release all stopped operating. I took it to the dealer and was told that I need a replacement wiring Harness (32757-stx-AO1). They said it was on back order and could take 6-12 months to get. They have a few people waiting for the same part and one Owner has been waiting since 10/2021. Does anyone know how I can find this part either thru Honda or somebody else?

·
Registered
809 Posts
now I regretted throwing away my driver door wiring harness after I replaced with a new ones about 3 years ago (it was plenty available back then). It could had been fixed with some soldering work but I didn’t have the special pin pusher to push the pin out for soldering. It was still look brand but clearly one wire was broken loose at the connector.

·
Registered
4 Posts
now I regretted throwing away my driver door wiring harness after I replaced with a new ones about 3 years ago (it was plenty available back then). It could had been fixed with some soldering work but I didn’t have the special pin pusher to push the pin out for soldering. It was still look brand but clearly one wire was broken loose at the connector.
Thanks for your reply. Do you happen to know the required size of the pin removal tool? (They come in dozens of sizes and types.) Any help would be appreciated, as Honda/Acura refuses to provide details on the harness; and their dealerships won’t repair it.

I plan to have the tool in-hand before pulling out the harness. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here was my problem
View attachment 121075
View attachment 121074
I have seen these photos. The concern I have is two fold:
1) If more than one wire is disconnected (how do you determine which goes where?) Testing with an OHM meter is required, but a wiring configuration for the harness removes the guesswork. The color of the wire going in is not always the same coming out.
2) If the problem is not visible…a break within a wire. This again is trial and error.

I blame Acura for not being willing or able to keep up supply on such a basic part. The defense of “everyone has supply chain problems” doesn’t hold water when it is a company that won’t grant a short-term manufacturing license to third parties to alleviate the pain of their long-time customers. Acura has taught me this: My next car will be a Lexus.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I don’t have the pin pusher tool. You could pull the wire out one by one to see which one is broken . The cavity of the pin socket is deep so the wire will be stay in the cavity even the wire is broken at the soldier’s joint.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had the same issue on my 07. The problem I believe that causes this because the harnesses wires are about 6in too short. So when the door is all the way open, the wires are stretched, now add winter into the mix, it's going to add to the wear of the wires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had one on order since August '21..update as of last week was eta of Aug 11th, so we'll find out next week.

The driver window and rear window on driver side are the only things effected so far.

Crazy thing is I can open my door half way and it works fine. About 50% of the time it works with the door closed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts