Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

I warped my stock rotors so I'm thinking about upgrading to stop tech drilled and slotted rotors with power stop ceramic pads? Has anyone used this combination or either products? Or should I just use cheap Centric rotors with power stop ceramic pads? I was looking into ebc but they are too expensive. I also drive my mdx hard so I would pay a little extra for better brakes.

It will cost me $120 more for the stop tech option vs centric set up, is it worth the price difference?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any advice guys? What rotors is everyone using ?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Don't bother with slotted/drilled rotors unless you are going for aesthetics. You won't gain any performance gain and they are more prone to cracking than blank rotors. I recently did the front brakes on our X and used Wearever rotors from AdvanceAuto and the ProStop ceramic pads from Pep Boys. So far, no complaints.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I got the AutoZone rotors for $50.00 dollars each for the front, and I used OEM brake pads. Two years full warranty.. So far, they are great.. all vehicle vibrations and warping issues finally gone.. My MDX is riding very smooth now at any speed..

AC

Don't bother with slotted/drilled rotors unless you are going for aesthetics. You won't gain any performance gain and they are more prone to cracking than blank rotors. I recently did the front brakes on our X and used rotors from AutoZone and ceramic pads from Pep Boys. So far, no complaints.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Centric and Akebono here for the 08. No issues so far.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
They will replace them if there is anything wrong with them..

AC

I think I asked this in another post, how do they warranty rotors?

·
Registered
798 Posts
When it comes to warranties, I find that even though the part maybe replaced for free, you are still out of time/labor.

Going to be replacing my rotors/pads soon and found that they do not carry Brembo blanks for my car. Will most likely go with Centric.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
That's what I was told in AutoZone.. The rotors will be replaced if they warp or have any problems within the 2 years warranty..

Acura charged me $400.00+ for just resurfacing my rotors and it did not last at all. For $100.00 at Autozone, 2 years warranty, and being pretty easy to change, it was a no brainer for me..

AC

So if you warp them, AA is going to go take a ride with you and say yes, warped. Here's a new pair! ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts