Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I got the 2011 MDX and I'm not used to the base version which has no GPS. Is it possible for me to buy central panel and stuff from ebay and upgrade?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'll tell you, buy a portable GPS and done with it. The only built-in GPS has over portal GPS is convenient.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
The NAV in the Tech is nothing to write home about. Get a standalone GPS with cool 3d graphics and be done with it… I have a Tech and I never use the NAV due to the outdated graphics and maps, I also live in México so the full North American maps in my TomTom GO600 have been a life saver..

·
Registered
134 Posts
I often use my built in Navigation as its much more easier to follow than small screen of smart phone, also its well integrated with audio so I dont miss instructions while listening to songs irrespective of the source. The only downside is outdated maps and lack of traffic.

I used phone only when I need traffic based routing. Now with AA with Navtool its definitely much more convenient.

However For a base MDX I would also recommend buying a standalone GPS, some of these come with traffic routing as well so those will be somewhat at par without needing Data.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a Garmin Drivesmart 6.1 and love it. Big easy to read screen, can be paired via bluetooth to a smartphone for phone calls, messages, traffic and weather updates.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts