Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

In my haste to open/close/not sure what the hell I did, I managed to screw up the chrome and black plastic tab parts of the passenger side A/C vent. I can see the pieces inside the vent with a flashlight, and would like to remove, and hopefully, repair it so my girlfriend doesn't have a hissy fit the next time she's in the car. :)

Can someone tell me the magic places to pry on this sucker, as it doesn't match the earlier model's instructions which I've found discussed here on the forums in a couple places.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Regards,
Jeff

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bueller? Anyone? Bueller? :)

No one has the repair manual for 2011 that could just let me know how to safely remove the vent cover?

Regards,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Oddly enough, there's no procedure for this in the manual....but if you look at the parts diagram, it looks like you remove screw #17, then remove trim panel #11. From there, the two #18 screws are removed and you should be able to pull it right out :)

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, Tim! I wondered what had happened to your site! I now see it changed names since the last time I ordered something from you.

Thank you for that drawing. The only details it was missing was that you actually have to pop off the plastic side panel first. It then exposes TWO screws which holds the vent in place. There are the usual PIA spring retention clips that hold things together. I was able to wiggle it around enough to barely get my fingers inside the duct to remove the busted piece of the vent clip that was in there. Without this drawing, I would have been struggling forever! YOU ROCK!

Regards,
Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts