Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traced the current draw to #7 fuse Backup, which might be causing the battery drain. Had my MM setup to measure current being drawn and when I removed #7 fuse, current dropped to zero. Does anyone have the circuit diagram for what's covered under the #7 fuse? Unless the HFL is tied to it, I don't believe that's the problem since my HFL works fine. HELP!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Remove it and see what doesn´t work? If HFL stops working then its the HFL even if its working alright its not shutting down like it should once the key is off the car.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Which fuse box? There are 2 under the hood, one in the foot well and one in the rear? All have a number 7.

Do you need more info than is in the owner's manual? I only have the fuse layout in the manual, but I can post that if it helps.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I would do the simple and proven stuff.. Remove the HFL unit or see the A/C Relay which are the #1 and #2 reasons for battery drain.. The HFL unit does not need to malfunction for it to drain the battery, in some instances the HFL just wont turn off after the car is shut down.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would do the simple and proven stuff.. Remove the HFL unit or see the A/C Relay which are the #1 and #2 reasons for battery drain.. The HFL unit does not need to malfunction for it to drain the battery, in some instances the HFL just wont turn off after the car is shut down.
Thanks for confirming that the HFL doesn't need to malfunction. I will check the HFL, since it appears that the #7 fuse under the driver's dash, seems to control the HFL per info attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which fuse box? There are 2 under the hood, one in the foot well and one in the rear? All have a number 7.

Do you need more info than is in the owner's manual? I only have the fuse layout in the manual, but I can post that if it helps.
Sorry, it was for the fuse box under the driver's dash.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even with the HFL disconnected, I'm still getting a 0.535A draw; when I pull out the #7 fuse under the dash, it drops to 0.035A = 0.5A coming from something in that circuit.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Go with what you feel. However, its been proven that the HFL is ****ty and needs to be disconnected or replaced. I pulled in to the dealership with the same issue, they didn't even check me in. They sat in my backseat, pulled the console apart, disconnected the HFL and said for me to replace all fuses and relays. I only replaced the A/C relay as it came apart when I pulled it out at a later date. However, the drain went away. I then, pulled my girlfriends HFL out of her 05 TL and her issues are gone as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, it's not the HFL or the A/C relay. Unplugged HFL and there's still a drain; A/C relay was already replaced previously and I removed it for good measure to check. Problem is at the #4 40A Backup fuse (fuse box by battery) and #7 10A Backup fuse (under driver dash). I remove either of those and it drops right down. On one site, the #4 fuse is supposed to control Audio, Door Lock, Interior Lights, Front ACC Socket. I don't believe it's the ACC Socket, because I don't see any sign that my charger is on when the car is off. My guesses would be Door Lock or Audio. Does anyone have the circuit diagrams for the two fuse locations mentioned?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you find the issue? I am having the exact same problem, narrowed it down to the #7 fuse under the dash, and have disconnected my HFL. The HFL is definitely not causing the draw.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is the sleeping draw supposed to be . I'm getting .13 amps after 10 minutes, .05 amps at 30 minutes. Battery goes dead in a few days

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have the same drain issue. I have a 2.5 amp draw (assuming I'm reading the meter correct) I remove the #5 10 amp under dash radio fuse and the draw drops to .025 amp. I also unplugged the HFL unit but there was no change in draw. Anyone experience this.
thanks
John

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I read this thread and solved battery draining problem. It is the HFL is draining the battery. The HFL module was drawing 270 mA when it was connected and when the module was disconnected it was drawing 25 mA. So now my battery draws is 25 mA when car is in sleeping mode (park).

With HFL disconnected :

With HFL connected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I also have the same drain issue. I have a 2.5 amp draw (assuming I'm reading the meter correct) I remove the #5 10 amp under dash radio fuse and the draw drops to .025 amp. I also unplugged the HFL unit but there was no change in draw. Anyone experience this.
thanks
John

There shouldn't be zero(0) ampere draws when the car is sleeping or park. The car needs battery power to arm the alarm system during sleep mode. I think the car should drawn 25-30 mA to keep the alarm system armed.

So you are good to go. I think you better off disconnected the HFL connector. That fuse #5 is shared with other electronic module.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I read this thread and solved battery draining problem. It is the HFL is draining the battery. The HFL module was drawing 270 mA when it was connected and when the module was disconnected it was drawing 25 mA. So now my battery draws is 25 mA when car is in sleeping mode (park).

With HFL disconnected :

With HFL connected

And battery tested is good

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have the same problem as well, pulled the hfl, the draw of 490ma remained, pulled the 7.5amp back up fuse, and the draw reduces to 30ma. has anybody resolved this issue?.

i started the car with the back up fuse pulled, and the hu and central locks stopped working, so i guess the drain is linked to those 2 devices.

secondly, the rear liftgate has stopped working, makes a groaning sound..and refuses to open, trying to also open it manually doesnt work either. would appreciate any tips. my search for a solution led me to thi sforum

1 - 20 of 22 Posts