Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got new tires at Firestone and was told the car needs alignment. However, the tech found out that the rear toes cannot be adjusted. He said they need to order special tool to perform this alignment.
What should I do?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Hey guys, I just got new tires at Firestone and was told the car needs alignment. However, the tech found out that the rear toes cannot be adjusted. He said they need to order special tool to perform this alignment.
What should I do?
They don’t know what they are doing. Never go to Firestone for any service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
819 Posts
Don't ignore a toe setting that is out of spec. That is the setting that affects tire wear the most. Go to a shop that is capable.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Hey guys, I just got new tires at Firestone and was told the car needs alignment.
Did you get a print out? If yes, please share.

However, the tech found out that the rear toes cannot be adjusted.
Yes, they can. But not much. Probably wouldn't make any significant difference. They should show you if the rear is out of alignment first, and, if yes, how much. Regadless, though, for a rear alignment that would make a noticeable difference you will need to swap the upper arms from OEM to aftermarket adjustable ones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you get a print out? If yes, please share.

Yes, they can. But not much. Probably wouldn't make any significant difference. They should show you if the rear is out of alignment first, and, if yes, how much. Regadless, though, for a rear alignment that would make a noticeable difference you will need to swap the upper arms from OEM to aftermarket adjustable ones.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Ok, while I have no idea how to convert it to mm precisely, but -0.02 degrees seems very insignificant. They should be able to adjust it.

Just out of curiosity, how much do they ask for the alignment?

Alignment at Acura (done on Hunter) in Canada costs about USD $110 (tax in).

·
Registered
187 Posts
Goto Acura, their machines are much better and if there’s ever a issue they will happily do it again free of charge with a clean vehicle wash as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
741 Posts
Each alignment machine will be slightly "off", so going to a different Firestone will give you different results, even if they have the same brand of alignment machine.

Your numbers are not too far off, from recommended spec, so drive to a different Firestone and see what numbers they produce.

I bought the SPC 67570 adjustable rear camber arms, for my 2007 Sport. These arms came with the adapter, for the Sport, which could be left in the box, if you don't own the Sport model. Back when I bought mine, in Jan 2016 they were $65 each, but now the price is thru the roof. Thank you tariffs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts