Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had anything similar happen to the seat power adjustment motors?

the adjustment that raises/lowers the seat doesn't work anymore. just quit all of a sudden. i can hear the motor turning/whirring, but nothing happens. nothing visible stuck.

going to take the seat out - looks like 4 bolts/screws to see if i see anything else.

not a cheap repair based on my browsing of seat motor costs $5-700 part to begin with.

any info/help/advice on this matter is much appreciated.

thanks

b

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
it could be as simple as a stripped gear. Take the seat out and try to look for the broken part. You can probably find a replacement dirt cheap at a salvage yard since the seats motor's didn't change at all from 2007-2013.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tip on the years. working on it this weekend.

my initial investigation shows that the motor runs fine, but the large ''screw-like' thing that goes in/out or up/down via the motor seems to be at the maximum extension, and wont go back in.

i am wondering it the screw thing came out of the motor, and won't go back in? that is what it appears to look like.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
csm -

thanks for the info, seen the diagram a few times.

unfortunately, i'm not sure if i have as wide of a selection from all those years...all the online junk yard/car part sites say that its only 2010 and 2011. wish i had a way of knowing for sure that i can use a motor from those other years

·
Registered
34 Posts
Driver side seat front adjustment is broken

Hi,

My '07 Driver-side seat adjustment has stopped working. The front is raised and won't come down. When I press and hold the switch there's a "click" sound after one second. The rear adjustment works perfectly fine. The local dealership wants to charge me for $1250 for replacing the entire seat lower assembly! Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
2007 MDX driver side power seat issue

I'm also having the same issue, however, forward and backward still working, the problem is the incline and decline is making noises and it stopped working. I can hear the motor grinning ....

Has anyone taken the font seats apart? Instructions, maybe with pictures?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts