Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has 50,000 miles only and I never had an issue with my AC until last week. The AC just suddenly stopped working and only air blows but not cooled air, even when set to "Lo".

Coincidentally this happened at the same time. Whenever I turn on the AC on, the air re circulation button also turns on at the same time. This never happened before and I found it odd that it suddenly started happening. Is there an option to turn this off or did I or my kids press something for it to start doing this every time I turn on the AC?

I tested the relays, fuses, etc and they all seem to be working. Also, where is the compressor for the AC on the MDX? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
1) If your AC is set to "Lo" it is likely to turn air to recirculation first to cool off the car faster. Test it by setting the temperature to 77 F, for example, and press "Auto". Check if the recirculation is turning on automatically.

2) The compressor is located directly under the alternator (which was a small pulley) and has a very big pulley:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I've had my OEM A/C fail on my 06 TSX and 08 RDX. Think about going aftermarket to repair once you narrow down the issues. Acura wanted $1500-$2000 to fix the A/C compared to a local shop at $700 (parts/labor).

Is your A/C not working at all? I've had issues with A/C being intermittent and only cooling at higher speeds (bad radiator/condenser fans). I've also had an issue with the A/C unit putting out too much pressure and slowly blowing out the refrigerant out the seals (had to replace). I also had my A/C compressor on my 08 RDX replaced under an extended 100k warranty because of a faulty clutch on the unit (you don't hear the clutch clicking on/off to run the A/C compressor).

·
Registered
735 Posts
I am not sure if it is a problem on MDX but on my parents RL I had to change AC clutch twice. It just stopped working and AC was not engaging. First OEM replacement lasted only TWO YEARS, 2nd one going strong for at least 5 years... So if my AC would stop working, AC clutch is a first thing to check.

·
Registered
7 Posts
the re-circulation is normal, and almost necessary to cool down a car, you likely never noticed it before, or the car was in conditions where it wasn't necessary.

Definitely make sure to check and recheck the Relay's as they are common to go and will cause exactly this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts