Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always burned MP3's on DVDs for music (4.5 GB). The question I have is, is there a way to transfer the MP3s from DVDs or CDs to the hard drive? I'm sure they have put some dumb azz restriction code to prevent this. If there is a restriction, is there a hack or reverse engineering that can be applied? Thanks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.....Yes THE MANUAL does say that.....but there has to be a hack OR reverse engineering somewhere.....if it's a hard drive, one would think it could handle a SIMPLE file (MP3).

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I'm not aware of such a hack.

But you can buy an old iPod Classic for around from about a decade ago for $100, put any MP3s on it, connect it to the car an use it that way. You'll have from 80 to 160GB space, so you can even use Apple Lossless format (ALAC) for lossless quality.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I actually bought an old iPod touch for around $40 CAD and using it now in my 2011 :)

The reason i went iPod route is that some how not all of my mp3 files play from USB. With iPod everything plays.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I normally burn my MP3s to DVD.....holds about 4 GB. The DVDs will play everything where the USB wont play all MP3s. Plus the DVD sound quality is better than the USB connection. I can also control from Head Unit controls. With an iThingy you have to use the iThingy....In GA you can't have a phone thingy even touching your body or in your lap.....TICKET I was hoping to put 3 or 4 DVDs of MP3s on Harddrive. Must be another one of them Acura hiccups. Thank all.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
I normally burn my MP3s to DVD.....holds about 4 GB. The DVDs will play everything where the USB wont play all MP3s. Plus the DVD sound quality is better than the USB connection. I can also control from Head Unit controls. With an iThingy you have to use the iThingy....In GA you can't have a phone thingy even touching your body or in your lap.....TICKET I was hoping to put 3 or 4 DVDs of MP3s on Harddrive. Must be another one of them Acura hiccups. Thank all.....
The ithingy can be controlled by steering wheel controls that's how I am using it :)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I normally burn my MP3s to DVD.....holds about 4 GB.
Ditto.

Plus the DVD sound quality is better than the USB connection.
It's not. It cannot be, just as you cannot see any quality difference when using either a $5 HDMI cable or a $250 HDMI cable. It's a digital signal. As long as the file source is the same, the quality will be the same.

I can also control from Head Unit controls.
Same with the iPod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts