Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chance to buy a 2010 MDX. I think it has the top packages for that time.

Does a MDX with 100K miles have a lot of life left in it? History record looks clean. Any major issues at 100K

Need to keep it at least four years.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I would think if it's had all the proper maintenance it shouldn't be a concern. Timing belt is due at 105k miles if that hasn't been done. Figure $800-$1,000 at a dealer. Be sure to have a mechanic give it a good inspection. If it's the Advance, watch out for the dynamic shocks which are very expensive. Many people switch them to regular shocks due to the exorbitantly high cost to replace and short life.

It would probably last as long as you want as long as you keep up on maintenance/repairs.

·
Registered
263 Posts
100K is a fifth of life if properly maintained. You might need to rebuild transmission one in 500K miles and five timing belts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2010 MDX with the Advance Package that we bought new. We have 82,000 miles on it and it stills feels very solid and it is our main vehicle. However, at around 105,000, the maintenance minder readout will call for a timing belt change. This is essential maintenance that you must do. Depending on how far you want to go with this maintenance, the cost is approximately $600-$1000.

Also, if the model you are considering is an advance model, it has the electronic Adaptive Damper System. If one of the 4 ADS shocks/struts fail, the cost to replace them is over $1000 each. However, you can convert the ADS to manual shocks/struts as described fully in other threads on this forum.

I would also be concerned with the condition of the tires and brakes on this MDX. However, this MDX, if properly maintained, should be able to go another 100000 miles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also, at 100,000 miles, it is time to change the spark plugs. I changed mine myself at 75,000 miles although, the old plugs looked great and would have easily made it to 100,000 miles. My cost to change the plugs - as I recall - was less than $100. However, I would estimate the cost to have the plugs changed at a dealer would be more like $250,

Sumarizing, here are things to check up on the MDX you are considering:
Timing belt, brakes, tires, ADS, plugs, all fluids, maintenance records, etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'll jump in here since I just bought a 2008 with 150K miles on. I'm the 3rd owner. Previous owners kept up on the mtce very well. The car is as solid as a new one. Totally impressed at how "new" it still looks and feels. I used to have a '05 pilot and we have 3 other Honda's in the family (So that's what I am comparing it to) The MDX is a damn nice vehicle. As the other poster said, I think it'll run to 500K with proper mtce.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've been driving the Honda / Acura brand for twenty years now. I've bought several with high miles (between 100-200k) and can be certain in telling you the maintenance is the biggest factor. The TB job being the most expensive. (est. $600 4cyl & $1200 for v6)

I've replaced 1 tranny in a 99 Accord w/ 240k on it, finally went. I can say my 07 w/ 182k on clock has been a bit more prone to repair than my other vehicles, but nothing major, just wear items. I'm a firm believer of having all necessary maintenance done... having records to prove its maintenance history helps you stay on top of it. In short... 100k is nothing for these vehicles.

Last thing...be sure about the accident history and the severity of damage if that's the case.

Good Luck

·
Registered
301 Posts
Just traded in a 2002 MDX with 160,000 miles on it. In the punishing heat of Miami. It lived outdoors in the humidity it's entire life. It was as solid as the day we brought it home. By now the windows were having issues and ALL the ac duct tabs were broken but in all those years the only repair we ever had to do was the power steering.

We only got a new one because my wife really wanted all the newfangled electronic doodads and the paint was showing its age. Even the paint held up well considering.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just bought a 2010 Tech/Ent with just a pinch under 120k. Not a squeak or rattle, steering is precise, stops quickly and in a straight line, runs like a scared rabbit when asked. A few things could be better (seat, auto climate control, stereo), but those have nothing to do with the miles. I'm getting only 17mpg ;-( Oh well, ya can't have everything. Paid about $19k4 IIRC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the chance to buy a 2010 MDX. I think it has the top packages for that time.

Does a MDX with 100K miles have a lot of life left in it? History record looks clean. Any major issues at 100K

Need to keep it at least four years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Absolutely! I have a 2010 AWD MDX with 166K miles ..... running strong but now needs struts and AXLEs wondering if it's worth it for me......

·
Registered
126 Posts
I bought an 07 back in 2015 with 99k miles on it. It has been solid for me once I unplugged the bluetooth. It was not in the best shape as far as suspension and the CAT bank one was bad. I replaced both CATS, motor mounts, front struts, rear shocks and have replaced the timing belt twice. One axle and replaced all belts and tensioners. The motor is very solid and so is the transmission. I changed the radiator also. I'm told I have a leak in the rear main seal but it has not produced any leaks on the ground.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought an 07 back in 2015 with 99k miles on it. It has been solid for me once I unplugged the bluetooth. It was not in the best shape as far as suspension and the CAT bank one was bad. I replaced both CATS, motor mounts, front struts, rear shocks and have replaced the timing belt twice. One axle and replaced all belts and tensioners. The motor is very solid and so is the transmission. I changed the radiator also. I'm told I have a leak in the rear main seal but it has not produced any leaks on the ground.
How many mile do you have now?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts