Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It works fine with the lock and unlock... but the tailgate button does nothing.

My original fob still works fine. I have not cut the replacement key yet, or programmed the immobilizer chip... do you think that may be why?

I did buy the fob off amazon, it is not an oem. It does look and feel the same...

·
Registered
306 Posts
y did you program the transmitter before cutting/programming the immobilizer? id get it cut first then you can program the immobilizer, the last step in the process is programming the transmitter so maybe that will fix it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
y did you program the transmitter before cutting/programming the immobilizer? id get it cut first then you can program the immobilizer, the last step in the process is programming the transmitter so maybe that will fix it.
No I just programmed it doing the key on off thing. I think you might be right because I can't find anyone anywhere with this problem and I know a lot of people use these aftermarket fobs. Plus I also know the back tailgate has extra safety/security built into it so it's probably just an immobilizer issue.

I'm taking it to the locksmith on Friday. They can clone Acura keys. There's a bar across the street i can watch the Cavs game.

·
Registered
306 Posts
No I just programmed it doing the key on off thing. I think you might be right because I can't find anyone anywhere with this problem and I know a lot of people use these aftermarket fobs. Plus I also know the back tailgate has extra safety/security built into it so it's probably just an immobilizer issue.

I'm taking it to the locksmith on Friday. They can clone Acura keys. There's a bar across the street i can watch the Cavs game.
whoa wait a minute where r u from?! im from cleveland and i recently went to a locksmith to get my replacement keys cut. i was able to program them myself within 5 mins using my HDS. if ur close i can prob meet you and do it for cheaper than the locksmith!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what is HDS?

Im in wisconsin so I dont think thats feasible... but thanks though. We got a few locksmiths in town, but the one i go to is great. they never charge much.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Honda diagnostic software. I purchased a version of it a couple months back and love it. I can now fully follow the shop manual service procedures because it functions the same as the dealer diagnostic system.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honda diagnostic software. I purchased a version of it a couple months back and love it. I can now fully follow the shop manual service procedures because it functions the same as the dealer diagnostic system.
link to purchase? What hardware do i need?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the exact same issue. 09 mdx got new aftermarket fobs online. After programming the doors lock and unlock, but trunk button does nothing. Still havn't programmed the chip, but I don't think that shouldn't make a difference. If you got yours working would love to hear how you did it.
Thanks

·
Registered
473 Posts
Just a mere $300.00 to recode (fly 100) not exactly what most people are willing to pay! However some fobs may require software to programe some aspects correctly.

tep 1 Gather the remote for the vehicle on hand.

Step 2 Sit in the car with all doors/trunk tightly closed.

Step 3 Turn the key to the ON position, marked by “II” on the ignition bezel so the dash lights come on.

Step 4 Listen for a quiet click, and then within 5 seconds press the “Lock” button on the remote for 1 second.

Step 5
Turn the key to the OFF position, marked by “I” on the ignition bezel so the dash lights go off. If you hear a quiet click in the dashboard after turning switch to "I" then the entire process must be restarted.

Step 6
Repeat three more times (for a total of 4 times).

Step 7 Upon the 4th turning of the key to “ON”, press the lock button on one remote, the locks will make a
cycling
sound (clunk), locks will NOT lock or unlock at this point, they will just make a noise. The system is now in programming mode. Do not turn key off. Press lock button 2 more times, and then press unlock.
Step 8 Turn ignition completely off and remove the key.

Step 9 Step out of car and close door. The remotes should be programmed and work. If you have a trunk/hatch release, the button for this feature needs to be held for a few seconds before the trunk/hatch will “pop”.

Tips

You must wait for the slight clicking sound in the dash before you press the lock button on the remote.

After you reprogram if the Unlock button doesn't work, you must Unlink memory seat by pressing same time unlock and lock button pointed to receiver.(this for TL key fob)

Warnings

Each step must be completed within 5 seconds.

All the doors and rear hatch/trunk must be closed during programming.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Cut replacement key? No you just take your old one apart and the new one and add old key to new fob. No cutting required.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does Fly 100 work with a 2011 MDX? I have seen some posts online saying its for 2010 and older but I dont see why a 2011 would made a diff. I'm in the same boat and down to a single key for my 2011 MDX and need a solution to program new ones without breaking the bank paying the stealership

1 - 12 of 12 Posts