Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
I was happy with my Pirelli Scorpion Verde plus tires, until they got noisy with 6/32 - 7/32 remaining. That's when I got rid of them.
I read the same happened to another user on this forum, with their Michelin Defenders.
I'm now using Goodyear Weather Ready tires. They are still quiet at 9/32 remaining, so my "noise" verdict is still out, on them.
I considered the Michelin Premier A/S, but when new they only have 9/32 tread.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Unless you put miles on fast, like 20K+ a year, I never recommend Michelin in my store. They dry rot prematurely in the midwest. The Continental DWS06 or Goodyear WeatherReady are my go to choices for the type of weather we get here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have ran Michelins on my 1-tons and Queens Mdx's, my 500k mile Rabbit, and even on my '72 Chevelle, for many years. Never a complaint.
We went from factory Continentals to Michelin Defenders on our '14 Mdx 2 months ago. Compared to the Conti's, the ride is same but bumps aren't as 'sharp' of a hit with Michelins. Some road noise but no more than the Contis. Traction definitely better on wet roads, and the Conti's were not "wore out" yet. If I had to do it over, Michelins would still be my choice.
Current truck came with Bridgestones and I am impressed with them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've used all-season Nankangs for my replacements on my 2010 MDX Tech; they have been outstanding. Factory tires lasted 50k without issue. Replaced with Nankang SP-5s, which were perfect for the next 50k miles. I'm onto my second replacement set, which are Nankang SP-9s. I found them on Amazon for about $93 each, and had them delivered (for free) to my local Sears Tire Center for installation. Couldn't be happier with this tire purchase.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CIFURF2/

Nankang SP-9 All-Season Radial Tire - 255/55R18 109V

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Wow, I cannot believe they are so cheap now. What a great deal.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Wow, I cannot believe they are so cheap now. What a great deal.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
The new version of them came out which is nearly $250/tire which is insane!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Man, these were about $200 each previously. If tires can be stored like bricks, I would buy a set now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
A few months ago BJs was running a sale and I put Bridgestone Alenzas on my 2011 Advance. With free mounting/balancing, free road hazard warranty, free patch/plug, free tire rotations it was $810 out the door. Tough to beat that. Tirerack sells them for $238 per tire.

I like them so far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My MDX had the Pirelli Scorpion Verde plus with about 6/32 left when I bought it and it looked like a different tire. The sipes and tread pattern are very shallow in this model. Very happy with the Michelin Defender LTX MS I replaced them with. The sipes are deep and they do well in the snow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts