Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per the title - I was looking to update my NAV on my recent purchase of a 2010 silver MDX and needed the software version, device id & vin from my nav. When I looked at it, it had a completely different vin number (WTF) - I ran the vin number and it's for a 2011 mdx in a with a different color / trim - what to do? Is there a way to edit this information so it reflects my actual vehicle info?

·
Registered
319 Posts
And looks like you got one year advance version of the System so thats good. Though I am surprised as well that it has different VIN.

Are you the first owner of the car? If not then may be the previous owner changed the headunit?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not original owner - only one previous owner (and two dealerships) - I'm updating the NAV today (update just arrived in the mail) so we'll see what happens..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't say it's a total waste of money. I got it during the fall sale for $99. Required a couple of DVD's to install which ran mostly in the background. I would only recommend it if you already have a Sirius/XM account and since I do, it was a no-brainer, I just activated the radio under my existing account. It was worth it for me to have an updated nav because there were a lot of locations/routes that were not available on my older nav. It's no WAZE mind you, but it does come through in a crunch (especially on road trips when you loose that phone signal!)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Yes, factory nav is still useful on those rare rural trips where wireless reception is not good. But for the most part I've been using waze for years now. I probably turned on the factory nav twice in the past five years. So totally not worth the expense to upgrade for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts