Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this MDX from Carmax with a clean history. It did have 90k miles on it when I purchased. The car worked great for a few months but then I started to notice choppiness in changing gears. The vehicle lurches sometimes and will commonly get stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear (especially relevant when in sport mode). I have had this addressed by Carmax and they claim that it is working as intended? Is that right? Because I feel like no engine is meant to get stuck in a lower gear redlined out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought this MDX from Carmax with a clean history. It did have 90k miles on it when I purchased. The car worked great for a few months but then I started to notice choppiness in changing gears. The vehicle lurches sometimes and will commonly get stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear (especially relevant when in sport mode). I have had this addressed by Carmax and they claim that it is working as intended? Is that right? Because I feel like no engine is meant to get stuck in a lower gear redlined out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would recommend transmission fluid change and trans pressure switched. I do believe there's 3 of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts