Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello community. After searching, I finally picked up a 2010 Aspen White MDX tech w/entertainment. Very satisfy with the purchase. First mod - removal of front plate and added bumper plugs. Advance running boards on order with local dealership. Should be in about 2/4 days. Looking for some advance 19" wheels as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
Congrats. Looks very clean.

Before you go crazy with it, I would monitor your oil for one oil change interval, then if it's healthy, load it up.

If you've already had it for awhile, disregard above and enjoy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Just picked it up last week. I did some research and notice alot of burn oil threads, when i putchaed the car i checked the oil and did notice it was low. I added a quart and will continue to monitor. Thanks for the heads up. Will change the oil this coming weekend.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I can certainly say I have had my fair share of 2010 MDX problems, but burning oil is not one of them. Maybe lucky. I would make sure torque convertor is functioning properly. Make sure power steering pump is working properly. Check them motor mounts, they may have to be replaced. Check rotors when hot...hit brakes hard at high speed and check for vibration and studding.

For starters....replace all filters (oil, air, and cabin filter) and fluids (oil, differential, trans, transaxle, brake fluid, and P steering fluid,....to get a clean start. Other than that.....enjoy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your suggestions. I have ordered new air filter, cabin filter which will arrive soon then i can swap those out. Will perform the oil change and oil filter change this coming up weekend. Wonder if what u mentioned would be covered under warranty if it ever goes bad (power steering pump, etc) as i did purchase extended warranty (36k miles/3years). Brakes seem to work fine. I do notice when i start car and turn the wheel to drive off, car does vibrate and make a weird noise. Could this be the power steering pump u speak of?

·
Registered
36 Posts
If it is vibration under no load or slow speeds, then it is the alternator pulley, I had mine done under warranty. Does the whole car vibrate or do you feel the steering wheel vibrate? Enjoy your new ride. I love mine. It is a great handling SUV and love the ELS stereo system.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice color. Also the right mods list to get started. Advance boards with Advance wheels and front plate delete will all make it look great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank u guys. When I'm in the driver seat and fire up the engine, turn steerig wheel while parked, the vibration comes from the driver side of the engine bay it seems like.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Extended warranty.....that's the only way to go with the MDX. Can be very expensive dealing with the dealer. The PS pump...if I remember is a recall or defect. My extended warranty covered everything else. The torque converter replacement / repair alone covered the price of the entire warranty. Everything else was and is covered under ext warranty.But you will enjoy the MDX...it is a driving machine. I did my brakes this weekend. Pads and rotors.....A piece of cake. About 3 hours...both front and rear. Most of that time, I was observing. The brakes and rotors are one of the easiest I have done in many automobiles. If you not careful, the pads will fall right off....that's how easy. I remove the pads....then replace the rotors. If you do brakes and rotors....don't forget the burn-in process. If you do it right...the rotors will almost turn blueish in color and will smoke from the heat.

Good luck...everyone in here will help you...A great group of people in here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Extended warranty.....that's the only way to go with the MDX. Can be very expensive dealing with the dealer. The PS pump...if I remember is a recall or defect. My extended warranty covered everything else. The torque converter replacement / repair alone covered the price of the entire warranty. Everything else was and is covered under ext warranty.But you will enjoy the MDX...it is a driving machine. I did my brakes this weekend. Pads and rotors.....A piece of cake. About 3 hours...both front and rear. Most of that time, I was observing. The brakes and rotors are one of the easiest I have done in many automobiles. If you not careful, the pads will fall right off....that's how easy. I remove the pads....then replace the rotors. If you do brakes and rotors....don't forget the burn-in process. If you do it right...the rotors will almost turn blueish in color and will smoke from the heat.

Good luck...everyone in here will help you...A great group of people in here.
Thank you bigdogg and everyone else. I'm looking to enjoy this vehicle with many more years to come. Im glad i purchased the extended warranty. =).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts