Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For people her who wants to install a 2010 MDX front bumper onto their 2007-2009 MDX, I confirmed that it will fit.

I went to my local Acura dealer and spoke to the parts manager. He researched and confirmed that the following parts are the same for the 2007 and 2010 MDX (fenders, hood, and bumper beam). This confirms that the bumper lines are the same. He also confirmed that all the front bumper bolting/mounting points are the same.

Here are all the parts that you'll need to convert it. This was put together by the parts manager.

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
midnightMDX said:
So, who is going to be the first one to do it? :D
I'm still thinking about it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
techm8n said:

I'm still thinking about it.
Hey <b>techm8n</b>,

Any plans on swapping out the <b>rear</b> bumper of your '07 with a <b>2010</b> rear bumper?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maverick2008 said:

Hey <b>techm8n</b>,

Any plans on swapping out the <b>rear</b> bumper of your '07 with a <b>2010</b> rear bumper?
no, I'm only interested in the front bumper.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Talking about the funny looking new bumper on all new Acuras, I found a TL at my local dealer which had the front chrome blacked out and it looks really good...attached below is a pic. Perhaps, the same can be done on the MDX front end too. Although, not sure on how it will look on non-Black Xs

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
G. COLTON said:

So who would want to spend money to do it and why?

G
+1

Paying for ugly without getting the added frou-frou makes zero sense to me, but then there's no accounting for taste, I 'spose. ;)

Blech.

Still, if it floats your boat, go for it, techm8n.

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I've seen some TL's with just the center part painted (where the Acura logo is) and then the examples above when the whole plenum grille is painted.

I agree it looks pretty nice, it would be interesting to see any 2010+ owner who ends up painting their grille.

·
Registered
71 Posts
maybe if i could into a front collision of some sort i would consider it more.

but not sure i would dump $1200 + labor for a swap without any true reason.

still not sold on it either. need to see more of them in person.

·
Registered
394 Posts
techm8n said:
For people her who wants to install a 2010 MDX front bumper onto their 2007-2009 MDX, I confirmed that it will fit...

Not worth the trouble, the 2010 front bumper distinctively reminds me of Pontiac automobiles. Acura R&D souped up the front end of the G6 and Solstice perhaps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For people her who wants to install a 2010 MDX front bumper onto their 2007-2009 MDX, I confirmed that it will fit.

I went to my local Acura dealer and spoke to the parts manager. He researched and confirmed that the following parts are the same for the 2007 and 2010 MDX (fenders, hood, and bumper beam). This confirms that the bumper lines are the same. He also confirmed that all the front bumper bolting/mounting points are the same.

Here are all the parts that you'll need to convert it. This was put together by the parts manager.
Hey hello there. Been a lurker for a minute for some time now. Any thinking converting their front/rear to the 2013 changes- fenders,hood,bumper, Jewel headlamps, etc. It won't be cheap but guaranteed to be fresh. Especiallu with that new integrated muffler look*

·
Registered
5 Posts
Correction to prior post. Might anyone have the contact to the forum member who could provide a good price for a complete 2012 front conversion - both bumpets covers, grills, fog lights, etc shipped to CA. Very interested in do this conversion as it allows for stock fitment. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you go new bet you'll be looking at $2000 plus after paint and installation.
Doubt too many used parts exist.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I thinks thata on the high side. If you order yourself online parts come out to ~700 add shipping. It shouldnt cost another 1000 to paint a bumper Im sure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts