Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2010 MDX. We're going on a trip this weekend so I thought I'd figure out how to use the rear entertainment system, for the kids. It turned on fine, and showed the Audiovox splash screen. But, when I put a DVD in, I could hear it spinning, but it just said "Loading" on the screen and never actually started playing (I waited several minutes). I've tried pushing all of the buttons but nothing works. If I push the eject button, "Loading" changes to "Ejct" but it never actually ejects. I saw an old thread where somebody recommended disconnecting the battery terminals for 10-15 minutes, then touch them together. Is this my best bet, or is there something else I can try? I saw another thread where somebody recommended that, but then added "make sure you have your codes for the radio + Nav". Where do I get these codes, and what do I need them for exactly?

Also, is there any hope to getting this thing working? Maybe a lens cleaner kit?

I don't know if this is relevant, but my rear entertainment system is a bit different from the one in the manual. It doesn't have a detachable remote, headphone outputs, or the 12V outlet in the center console. The vehicle seems to have all of the other tech/bells and whistles, so I'm not sure why it's missing these things. Is it possible the previous owner added this themselves?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts