Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I recently purchased a 2010 CPO Acura MDX. I've noticed the following Symptoms while driving. Making slight to moderate left or right turns, going over pot holes (not intentionally) or any other uneven pavement doing about 30MPH the least. The back end of my MDX feels like it bounce around a little which gives me a feeling like the back wheels turn like a tag wheel on a big truck whenever i turn the steering wheel while driving. Visually everything looks straight tire look normal etc. Any idea on what might be going on here? i got it with 32596 miles now currently it has 32900. :roadtrip:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Get someone to check out the rear suspension, it could be one or more bad shocks. If it is an Advance model, something could be wrong with the self adjusting shock system.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took it back to the dealer today. i was told the tec needs to drive it. no leaks is coming from the suspension or shocks. but something is definitely not right. the car feels like the back end wants to turn also. ill report back once i hear from them again.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update: on my last visit to a different dealer to have my front brakes replaced, I mentioned my concern about the bouncy feeling I experience while driving over rough pavement. The Tech found that the front stabilizer links has excessive movements whatever that means. It was replaced under warranty. It feels difference in the front end handling after driving for more than a week with the new parts. The back needs work done also. If I go over a speed bump at slow speed, the front handles it way better. The back feels like it really took a big dip. (they said all shocks are fine) I went to a different dealer because every time I complain about something to the dealer where I bought the car, guess what? they couldn't find anything wrong unless it involves a large sum of cash coming out my pocket and I have extended warranty coverage on this vehicle. ( I bring video on my tablet also) oh that's normal. so if anyone else is having a similar problem you might want to have your Tech check out your stabilizer links both front and back Good luck.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Thanks for following up. Too often people ask for help, get the problem resolved & never report back.
Indeed. Glad you were able to get it resolved, at least in the front end.

And, as your experience illustrates, some dealer service departments are simply better than others. Some are more helpful, and some have mechanics who are better at troubleshooting problems. You were wise to take your problem to a second dealer when the first one was not helpful.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Any “new” news? Mine does it too and I’m thinking it is rear active shocks?
The OP has not been on the forum for nearly a year and this thread is 7 years old. He also did not mention having the Advance model with the active damper suspension. You will probably get a better response by opening a new thread or finding a thread about the ADS shocks. There are plenty of threads about issues with the ADS shocks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts