Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MDX is at 68k miles. I'm having 0 problems with it. Maybe the tires don't hold air as well as I would like. Thats about it.
I want to make an appointment with the Acura dealer before the power train warranty expires.
Thinking of having the trans fluid flushed. Is there anything else I should look for at this time?
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
There isn't that much at 70,000 miles. I would do the transmission 3X drain/refill and include the transfer case (they should include it at the same time; but, ask to make sure). I would do a brake flush if it has been +3 years since the last one. I would also double-check the battery if it is still OEM. I always ended up replacing my OEM battery before 5 years in my RDX and TSX (still have another year for my MDX). Maybe do an alignment the next new set of tires.

The next big service will be the +100,000 mile with spark plugs, valve adjustment, antifreeze flush, power steering (optional), etc...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent thanks for the information. I'll add Brake flush to the list.
Yes the battery is still OEM. Had trouble with that early on but no problems currently.
Is the dealer the "best" place to get a new battery?

So you wait 100k to change the antifreeze?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
The M.I.D. will give you a "5" code around 100,000 to 120,000 mile range for the antifreeze. I stick to the M.I.D. schedule when it comes to routine maint. The only thing I do extra is the transmission 3X drain/fill every 30,000 miles, power steering flush around 100,000 miles, replace cabin air filter myself every spring with Freshbreeze with carbon/baking soda from Walmart, and clean my K/N engine filter also each spring. I just did Interstate battery replacements for my TSX and RDX (zero issues with those batteries). I've since joined Costco and I haven't heard any but good things with their batteries. I might go for a Costco battery when the time comes with the MDX.

My MDX was giving me a "check charging system" message; but, a TSB fix took care of that problem (some type of software update).

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I changed my battery at the dealer because the OEM battery lasted so long. In fact my battery was going strong after 6 years but I changed it anyway because I was getting nervous living in Florida where batteries die earlier due to the heat.

I'm at 93k now and have not changed the anti-freeze.

I'll second the brake fluid service as well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks you guys. It hit 90 degrees today where I am but I get snow and really, really cold weather so I'll change the battery out myself with an interstate before winter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts