Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 MDX with 150K miles, It's the advance package, I've got 150K miles on it. The car drives fine, but my dash lights are going nuts with errors. The gauge display pops up that every feature that the car has has a problem; blind spot, SRS, Brakes, ADS, etc,.. the speedometer and tachometer goes from showing me the engine and car speed to 0 as I'm driving. The dealer had it for a full day and narrowed it down to the speedometer. I found a advance one at a local junk yard and put it in myself (10 minutes job by the way) and same issue. Anyone know what this XM (HIP) module is? The dealer says the car isn't telling them what module is bad.

I've attached a few screen shots that I'm seeing. It concerns me that the message center is grayed out, everything is red on the XM (HIP Screen), the F-CAN communication error is what comes up when I run a speedometer test with my HONDA ODB reader. Most of the error codes in that device tells me that I'm having communications issues.

F-can malfunction bus-off (EMC/PCM)
F-can malfunction (ECM/PCM-GAUGE)
lots of gauges lost connection with a device errors.

Please Help
at this point I guess I"m going to pay another dealer $140 per hour to diagnose it.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well it appears that it was the XM HIP unit that's in the rear of the car under the right of little trunk area. I unplugged it and all my errors are gone and that F-CAN error now says OK. So I'll be on the lookout for a used one. It looks like the Advance and tech all have part #39820-STX-A46. hope this helps someone else in the future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts