Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced sport shocks/struts at 104k (rear) December of 2015, and 109k (March 2016) (front). Rear's are already leaking as of June 24th 2017 @134k. What should I do? I am not going to keep dishing out money if the shocks cant even last 25k. I am talking with client care and they said it was a one time reimbursement but they will see what they can do. Very disappointed in Acura with the shocks. Will be selling or downgrading suspension to base.
Any suggestions?
Tranny also isn't very smooth sometimes during cold start up especially from 1st to 2nd.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
You should see about that extended warranty for the ADS Shocks...

Also 1st to 2nd abrupt shifts when cold can be diminished by good engine mounts, if the mounts have never been replaced they are probably due by now.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Acura canada has said they will cover the parts as long as I pay labour. Labour is 200 dollars and only the right rear is leaking. I am worried the left rear will leak too so I might just sell my vehicle after I get this done. Also, do you guys prefer the sport ride feel or comfort mode ride feel of the x using the ads button?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replaced right rear shock and bushing (rear), ride is amazing now. What setting do you guys leave your ads on, comfort or sport? I like the feeling of sport mode..

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
You would love the Stock Base Shocks then.. Most folks that changed the ADS shocks to the Base Shocks noticed the Base Shocks are actually harder than the Sport Mode in the ADS.

That is not to say they aren´t too Stiff for DD though... Having both worlds is better than having 100% stuck +Sport Setting.

Reactions: Baaj

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yah it's funny because the sport mode rides more comfortable then the comfort mode, atleast imo at 32psi. The car in comfort mode moved around to much for my taste.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Perhaps Sport Setting is a nice compromise between the 3? I really hate my base shocks in rough roads, you can feel every little rock in the road when the tires are hot at 35psi which here in So Cali in summer is when parked... Today my tires hit 40psi when driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts