Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t removed the front cover timing belt to inspect the timing belt followed the 2010-2012 SM. It does not mentioned to remove the drive belt tensioner. The 2007 SM mentioned to remove the tensioner. The same thing with removing the rear cylinder head cover, the 2010-2012 does not mention to remove the steering pump and without removing the pump how the hell do you remove the bolts holding the cable harness?!?

From 2010-2012 SM

From 2007 SM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
Maybe if the drive belt is to be removed then acura assumes you're removing the drive belt tensioner too? Or maybe the dealer knows a work-around to it?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe if the drive belt is to be removed then acura assumes you're removing the drive belt tensioner too? Or maybe the dealer knows a work-around to it?

No. I checked that and no mention of removing the tensioner. I don’t know how do you work around this. The tensioner has to come out so you can remove the bolts holding the timing cover. Good thing that I still have 2007 store on google drive because I deleted it on my computer after I purchased 2010-2012 SM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Why are you inspecting the TB? It's replacement is strictly a time/mileage trigger.

good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts