Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie here and have loved what I'm seeing on this forum...looks like a huge data base of knowledge.

I'm looking at a 2009 MDX-tech with only 20k miles, verified with Car-Fax. Does anyone have any suggestions...for example, should I replace the timing belt ASAP? What about hoses, belts, fluids, etc? The car was owned by an elderly couple that barely drove it. I've heard that low mileage cars can be a real pain.

Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Low mileage can have issue because they sit for so long that the seals and rubber start to dry out and crack. This goes for the seals in the engine to suspension components. Tough call, best bet is to have a mechanic look at the car. Everything might still be in good condition or couple items might have to be replaced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Low mileage can have issue because they sit for so long that the seals and rubber start to dry out and crack. This goes for the seals in the engine to suspension components. Tough call, best bet is to have a mechanic look at the car. Everything might still be in good condition or couple items might have to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
As a side note, you only need to post once on the board instead of posting it in every forum.

Best advice for used cars is have a mechanic check it out. Brake fluid should be changed every 3 years, usually oil at least once a year.

I'm sure there are other recommendations from others as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
20K? Still a baby! I just picked up a 2008 w/Tech with 150K and the previous two owners took very good care of it. Mtce on schedule, etc.

Owners manual will have the mtce schedule in it. But as the other poster said, run it by a mechanic.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, microcraft. I passed on it because it had signs of wear that did not match the miles. Instead I bought an '08 w/90k with perfect mtce records, new tires, & tech pkg...love it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts