Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like an earlier post, I have the chance to buy a 2009 technology with 20k verified miles on it.

I'm worried about the extremely low miles. What should I look for?

If I get it...should I change the timing belt? All hoses, etc?

I'm new here and completely helpless when it comes to mechanical things, so I appreciate your help and comments.

·
Registered
737 Posts
how much?

·
Registered
263 Posts
If not this year then next you will have to change belts they are rubber and should be changed at 7 years old. Once there you should also change water pump. I would change all fluids because they are probably 6 year old fluids (coolant, transmission, tranfer case, differential, brake fluid and power steering fluid) the only thing I would not do now is spark plugs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd look for a 2010 or 2011 for that kind of money. It will have more miles, but "they" say that these last forever.... I saw a 2011 Tech with 65k for $22, so you should have no trouble finding something you'll want.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Thanks for the replies...it's greatly appreciated.

The dealer wants $26,700 for it...needs tires too.
i would go with newer model too, There is no way 20k miles and needs new tires, unless you have cracks in sidewalls or flat spots...

·
Registered
737 Posts
If it's mainly been used for city driving, I can see it needing tires. Particularly if someone drove it "enthusiastically". Which just gives you a couple more reasons to walk away from it.
i mainly drive in the city and i drive more than "enthusiastically" + i have extra power running through the tires.... About 25k on my tires, more than half tread left..
Anyways i would not buy 09 model for that kind money...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, guys for the comments and advice. I took it on an extended drive without the salesman and have decided it's not for me. Even though the carfax said one owner and 20k miles, it just didn't seem right. The wear and tear overall did not match the miles. I really appreciate all the comments and help. I'm new here and it looks like there are a bunch of good guys posting!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts