Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened last year, and then it stopped. This past weekend we did a trip and again in occurred. From my online research it looks like a relay switch in the steering column. Anyone have other encounter with such issue and fixed differently? I thought I might have triggered it by some combination of action but does seem to be the case.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had a similar problem today with my 2010 mdx. Turned on the vehicle and the wipers behaved like they were in the intermittent mode. Not great for a sunny day. Haven't called yet to have them look at it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My wife's MDX wiper was powering on and off without touching the stalk. Ended up replacing the stalk ($100) and it took about 1.5 hours after reviewing the Youtube DIY. You don't need to take off the trims. Three screws on the bottom of steering wheel cover and top one is snapped in. Toughest part of the job was taking out the stalks from the holder/clip on both turning signal stalk and wiper stalk. Took a bit of coaxing, but found out how to after 1/2 hour of struggle.

After four days of driving, no more unpredictable wiper going nuts.

PM me if you have any Q's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts