Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone upgraded to the 2017 maps? The Acura website is charging $150 for a new disc. I'm wondering if it is worth it...improved graphics, or just improved turns, roads, etc?

Also, I'm not mechanically inclined...will I have to have the dealer install it?

Thanks!:smile2:

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
DVD Updates just new roads and directions it does not upgrade the graphics or map looks.
To update the DVD is just a matter of swapping discs you can DIY.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, skirmich, I appreciate the info. I hope I don't screw it up...it's all Murphy's law with me.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thanks, skirmich, I appreciate the info. I hope I don't screw it up...it's all Murphy's law with me.
If you can insert a cd into a cd player, you can't screw it up. Slide the driver seat all the way back to access the player. Press the eject button,take the old disc out, and put the new one in.

·
Registered
149 Posts
As far as worth it, that is a personal opinion. I upgraded only because my neighborhood wasn't on the version I had as well as a few new toll roads. However, I use Google maps on my phone when navi is needed. I guess I did it for aesthetics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.