Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a blown/torn passenger side front speaker and thought it may be a good time to change out the stock (base) speakers. I'm not really interested in changing the head unit, upgrading/adding amps or anything like that. I just want to swap out some speakers and hopefully increase the quality of sound. I am really hoping for some ideas and suggestions. For the doors, I'm looking at Polk DB522, Rockford Fosgate Prime R1525X2, Infinity Primus PR5002is, or Infinity Reference REF-5022cfx. I haven't decided if I'm digging into the dash or not. Are the tweeter covers difficult to remove? How about the center speaker cover? Does anyone sell just single speakers for the center?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Just remember that by adding tweeters to the door you will destroy the OEM Soundstage...
It will also be hard to beat the Neodymium Magnets the OEM Speakers use so it will be more than likely that any of your options will carry less bass/punch than the stock speakers but will give you better "Subjective" clarity due to the added on tweeter.

Stock Tweeters are Silk Domes.... No need to change those.
Center Speaker = Neodymium

By changing your speakers you will only pull the soundstage lower to the floor and add tons of Treble to your music while losing Bass.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts