Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Drive a 2008 X with 102k miles and just started to notice a fuel smell in cabin when my X is idling. Changed the spark plugs at 100k miles and have always done routine maintenance. I've Googled this issue and come up with the fuel pressure regulator...any way to test to see if this is in fact my issue? There isn't very much info out there on the X engine. Any insight you guys can provide is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I took my X to the family mechanic and he couldn't find ANYTHING. No loose hoses, fuel leaks, exhaust leaks, etc....so back to the drawing board for now! I've pretty much determined its an exhaust smell coming into cabin when stopped...so I'm going to change the air filter and cabin filter to see if that helps (not too optimistic). I've determined that recirculating the A/C keeps the smell out.

If anyone else has any ideas, please share!! This is a bit frustrating and I really don't want to take it to a dealership if I don't have too.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I think you're missing one or maybe two "body plugs" in a back of your car....

·
Registered
860 Posts
this is the video for you

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you're missing one or maybe two "body plugs" in a back of your car....
Holy crap...I had my car in body shop a couple of months ago after my X was clipped on rear bumper. I wonder if they didn't put plug back on...I'll have to go check now!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As it turns out, I don't think I'm missing any body plugs. It seems like if I was missing plugs I would smell exhaust on recirculate too...it wouldn't make a difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts