Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, all. I am new and the proud new owner of a 2008 MDX. I have a lot of reading to do in this group, but a quick search didn't provide anything related to a specific problem I've encountered in trying to replace the busted driver side mirror. After a lot of searching the range from "very cheap" to "OEM," I split the difference and got what appeared to be an exact replacement. I got the door taken apart and the old mirror removed and then realized that the bolt pattern on the replacement didn't line up with the holes in my door. Instantly frustrated, I forgot to snap a pic of the layout before I put the door back together.

I returned the part with no problem, but now I'm wondering if this is somehow related to the power lift gate, which I have, and saw that most of the after-market parts I was looking at specified "not for models with power lift gate." In continuing to search online for the right parts, very few of them offer a detailed or even legible part diagram or photo of the mounting side. Has anyone else encountered this problem, and if so, where did you find a suitable replacement?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for welcoming me to the group.

-LBJ

·
Registered
224 Posts
Greetings, all. I am new and the proud new owner of a 2008 MDX. I have a lot of reading to do in this group, but a quick search didn't provide anything related to a specific problem I've encountered in trying to replace the busted driver side mirror. After a lot of searching the range from "very cheap" to "OEM," I split the difference and got what appeared to be an exact replacement. I got the door taken apart and the old mirror removed and then realized that the bolt pattern on the replacement didn't line up with the holes in my door. Instantly frustrated, I forgot to snap a pic of the layout before I put the door back together.

I returned the part with no problem, but now I'm wondering if this is somehow related to the power lift gate, which I have, and saw that most of the after-market parts I was looking at specified "not for models with power lift gate." In continuing to search online for the right parts, very few of them offer a detailed or even legible part diagram or photo of the mounting side. Has anyone else encountered this problem, and if so, where did you find a suitable replacement?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for welcoming me to the group.

-LBJ
Wrong subforum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
This is for 2014 and later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts