Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title pretty much says it all.. I get rapid clicks and it won’t start, usually when I don’t drive for a few days at a time. It broke down on me before so I replaced the alternator since the battery was okay during the diagnostic. Same thing happened with the clicking so I just replaced the battery even though it said it was okay. after a week of the battery replacement, IT STILL WILL NOT START. Same noises, very rapid clicking. Is the starter the issue? Maybe the starter fuse? Anyone have any similar experiences or advice they can share? Thank you I’m advance :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never used the Bluetooth and my phone isn’t connected to my car.. does that make a difference at all? Also thank you for responding

·
Registered
4 Posts
Title pretty much says it all.. I get rapid clicks and it won’t start, usually when I don’t drive for a few days at a time. It broke down on me before so I replaced the alternator since the battery was okay during the diagnostic. Same thing happened with the clicking so I just replaced the battery even though it said it was okay. after a week of the battery replacement, IT STILL WILL NOT START. Same noises, very rapid clicking. Is the starter the issue? Maybe the starter fuse? Anyone have any similar experiences or advice they can share? Thank you I’m advance :)
replace the starter we had the same problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

EDIT: it was the Bluetooth!! My mechanic yanked it out free of charge and I haven’t had a problem! Apparently this is pretty common with mdx. Thank you to everyone who replied!

·
Registered
4 Posts
if the bluetooth module is draining the battery that quick then it should be replaced with a new module but if he did not replace it then other modules such as tire presure sensor and other things that will not work because they need the bluetooth to communicate with the computer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
if the bluetooth module is draining the battery that quick then it should be replaced with a new module but if he did not replace it then other modules such as tire presure sensor and other things that will not work because they need the bluetooth to communicate with the computer.
Not true at all. My tpms system still works fine without bluetooth module connected. The module in the armrest is a known issue...spends eternity attempting to connect, wastes the whole car battery doing it. Which is why it only happens when you leave the car for days.
Mr hynson, how many miles do you go between blinkerfluid changes?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts