Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have read many posts on here but found nothing pertaining to my issue which just started today. While driving my 2008 MDX, my backup camera screen popped on while driving on the highway. Tried stopping and shutting off the car, shifting into and out of reverse and opening n closing the rear hatch door. Issue still exists. The car has power tailgate with Navigation and Entertainment, pretty much everything except the sport suspension adjustment. Does anybody out there have any helpful suggestions on what I can do to diagnose this and/or repair it? Was thinking about disconnecting the battery. My friend who is an Acura tech suggested disconnecting both battery cables and touching them together for 15 minutes to do a global reset. Since the backup camera screen is literally on all the time from when the Acura symbol disappears until I pull the key out of the ignition, I am unable to enter the diag mode to run a test. I see no other symptoms such as dash trouble lights or issues with the CD player or radio. Don't know about the NAV only because I can no longer see the screen or menu choices. Bluetooth phone hookup works fine as well. I can however dim and brighten the screen on the backup cam but cannot switch it off with the daytime/nighttime button. Help!! All I can see are dollar signs, flying out of my pocket. Thanks in advance for any help/guidance you guys can provide for me.
Ray

·
Registered
268 Posts
Your friend could be right on the global reset. Honestly it’s weird that this would happen, seems like the camera is getting power and it’s just running, a grounded wire of sorts. If the issue persists maybe try pulling the tail light fuse or somethjng in the back that would route to the camera?

·
Registered
54 Posts
No offense but what kind of "Acura tech" friend is he an oil changer or maybe an acura parts changer?? Ridiculous advice...

You obviously have an electrical issue. You need wiring schematics for the back up camera circuit and start diagnosing the cause with a multimeter which can be difficult if you don't understand basic electricity.
I can help you for free and somewhat guide you through it but it may take some time.

Or last option is take to dealer to get it fixed right by a "real" Acura technician.
Sorry

PM me if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi
I have a 2010 Acura MDX with the back up camera not turning on.
Also the back up lights are not turning on as well.
i believe there is a problem with the wiring somewhere.
Is there anywhere i can get a wiring diagram for this MDX?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts