Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings!

In perhaps one of the craziest most random things to have ever happened, some crackhead got into my car and stole... wait for it... the Audio AUX-IN panel from the rear center console of my 2008 MDX. That's right.. the entire part gone.. leaving behind only a sad gaping hole and no way for me to wire in my preferred music device.

In Canada, this part is pretty expensive to replace (upwards of $300), and I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron, so I was hoping if someone has the pinout for this cable, I could theoretically find the positive and negative for the R and L RCA inputs, and then I'd be in a position to wire up a replacement AUX cable, without needing to shell out $300 for a whole new panel.

If anyone has the service manual and the pinout info for this jack is in there, I'd be endlessly grateful if you'd post a photo so that I can get back to rocking out in my beloved 2008 MDX.. still going strong to this day.

Many thanks!

Automotive lighting Hood Grille Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Rectangle Font Cable Machine Fashion accessory

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of all the things to steal from a car they chose that.
Still blows my mind to this day.

And the kicker is, like two months prior to this theft, I had to extract that exact part and re-solder the RCA outlets because they'd been kicked by my kid. I was so proud of my fixit job only to bizarrely have the part stolen months later. :|

·
Registered
96 Posts
Still blows my mind to this day.

And the kicker is, like two months prior to this theft, I had to extract that exact part and re-solder the RCA outlets because they'd been kicked by my kid. I was so proud of my fixit job only to bizarrely have the part stolen months later. :|
Maybe that was why they stole it. They saw how nice of a job you did

1 - 4 of 4 Posts