Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 MDXs'.... My 2008 (above) had the parasitic draw coming from the bluetooth Part # 39770-stx-a011-m1. I disconnected it and the draw stopped.... I am wondering if this is worth replacing? I Would only use the bluetooth to play music off my phone. I cannot seem to locate a AUX cord input anywhere???? The center Storage between the seats has a AC outlet?? Wondering if that can be replaced by ordering a AUX input and replacing the outlet? If I can replace, Is it Plug and Play? Other than that I love these cars, they are easy to work on and very safe cars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had the same issue in my 2008 tech. I unplugged the BT module and left it unplugged. I replaced it with a Kinivo BTC455 for streaming and phone calls. There is no 1/4" aux connection. You have to use an RCA y adapter to the red and white inputs on the back of the center console. That's how I have the Kinivo hooked up. Works perfectly except you just have to hit the aux button on the stereo to use it.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Forgot to mention, use RCA elbow adaptors so passengers to kick the cables and break the pin off inside the port. I learned that the hard way. Had to extract it using the hot nail method

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the same issue in my 2008 tech. I unplugged the BT module and left it unplugged. I replaced it with a Kinivo BTC455 for streaming and phone calls. There is no 1/4" aux connection. You have to use an RCA y adapter to the red and white inputs on the back of the center console. That's how I have the Kinivo hooked up. Works perfectly except you just have to hit the aux button on the stereo to use it.

Thank you man, this looks like a great work-around. Wondering if anything with rear entertainment system needs to be turned on? Or are the RCA jack always "hot"? Thanks LEE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts