Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday (3 days ago) I went out to my 2007 MDX and the windows and sunroof were opened at some time during the night.

I know that there are several posts here about how that's a "feature" (albeit a crappy feature) but we have eliminated all possible accidental pressing of fob buttons and it's still happening.

Tuesday, same thing and also my battery was dead. When I got a jump and started the car, I had some new lights for "Check charging system" and "Check the AWD system"... both of these were new icons for me to look up. This prompted a trip to the mechanic who said that I had a bad alternator. So, now I have a new alternator.

Now (Wednesday night), I go out and again all the windows and sunroof are open again. Argh! I've tried to research this but all I come up with the debate whether or not this is a cool feature (my input... it's not).

Has anyone had this happen and what can I do ????

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
First thing you need to do is to diagnose what's draining the battery.

It might be related to the windows and sunroof, and it might not be.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Check your door lock to be sure it is not sticking. If it is lube it up.
When you put the physical key in the drivers door lock and unlock the doors, if you hold it in the unlock position the windows will roll down. At least it works that way on my 08 with Tech Package.
I would start there as this may be causing the battery drain as well.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I suspect a water intrusion issue causing one of the MICUs (fuse block) to get wet. There are 4 of them inside the cabin. One each side in the outer kick panel area and one each side rear under the trim panels. Because rolling down all of the windows and opening the sunroof is a designed feature a wiring diagram (along with a capable eye) would be helpful to identify which one would be involved. There have been other threads here discussing water issues and I personally experienced one on my Honda Odyssey and can tell you there may be sol little water involved that there are no visible signs. In my case there was a corroded nut on a bracket that was literally the only sign there had been water near the MICU, but once I sealed up the culprit and filled the connectors with dielectric grease my problem stopped and has not returned in 2 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts