Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that at roughly 1800-2300rpms, while driving, an interesting whirring noise happens. Almost sounds like a great shield vibrating.....but it doesn't do it in park - so my brain is telling me tranny. Been reading this forum for awhile now and haven't seen anything like it. Any ideas on what to look for? Maybe time for a fluid service? 3rd owner with about one month into owning it @ 169k miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
961 Posts
See if shifting to a lower gear makes the noise go away. If it does not, then probably not trans. related.

Heat shields on the exhaust system get loose with age and can make some strange sounds. If you get under the car and grab them (After the car cools down!), see if any are loose.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it no matter what gear it's in.....will check out the heart shield. Thank you for the input!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I noticed today that at roughly 1800-2300rpms, while driving, an interesting whirring noise happens. Almost sounds like a great shield vibrating.....
Yep, similar thing happens for me. Last time it was the rear cat shield. Replacing it solved the issue. Now I have it back, the sound is a bit different. When I was servicing my evaporator core last fall, I noticed it looks like a missing bolt that's supposed to secure a metal bracket of unknown origin to the underframe roughly between front and rear seats under the car. It probably came loose. Didn't bother to find out what it is yet, the sound is consistent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts