Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
For Canadians, we had to bring our MDX in to get the computer reprogrammed for the transmission. We actually got a letter from Acura regarding this. We have to bring it back in for the power steering pump problem too.
I got that letter about the transmission as well, but haven't heard anything about a power steering pump problem. Can someone fill me in on it?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Seems too good to be true, no TSBs for 11-13 MDX. I downloaded the file but didn't see any recent ones.

I will assume that's a good thing!

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
How about a for a 2011
I need a left magnetic strut
driver seat heater goes on then shuts off
rear cup holder
thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just purchased a gently used 2007 MDX tech, out of warranty, what are the odds I could take it to my local Acura dealer with the list of applicable TSB's and request that they perform the work? Anyone have luck with the dealer performing these "good faith" out of warranty repairs? Things like the belt tensioner change, suspension issues, and others aren't currently exhibiting issues, but if there were enough failures to issue the TSB, should I take it in a request replacement, or do I wait until something breaks or exhibits the exact behavior covered under the TSB's? Thanks..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just purchased a gently used 2007 MDX tech, out of warranty, what are the odds I could take it to my local Acura dealer with the list of applicable TSB's and request that they perform the work? Anyone have luck with the dealer performing these "good faith" out of warranty repairs? Things like the belt tensioner change, suspension issues, and others aren't currently exhibiting issues, but if there were enough failures to issue the TSB, should I take it in a request replacement, or do I wait until something breaks or exhibits the exact behavior covered under the TSB's? Thanks..
Unless you bought the car there and/or have a very good reputation with them, I doubt they'll do it.. Especially if it has over 100k on it.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
As stated above, very unlikely they will cover it unless you have already established a relationship with them as a paying customer. TSBs are not recalls, so basically they are not obligated to cover any of them if vehicle is out of warranty.

I was lucky to to have some good will out of warranty repair done to my wife's TSX. After we purchased the car we realized there was a problem with the steering rack (TSB was released for the issue) but the car was 2K miles and three months out of warranty. My dealership went ahead and had the repair done at no cost to me since I had already been a customer of theirs with my MDX.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all! This is my first post and have a question for all the experts. I just purchased a 07 MDX sport 88,000 miles on her.My question is about Technical Service Bulletins in particular TSB 12-029 the what seems to be famous PCM update for lock-up clutch. So I kind of have these symptoms or at least I think I do. I tend to be that person who is always looking for something wrong yes, a very bad habit. So my question is Do all TSB get applied to ever model and year? I called Acura and asked them about any TSB that were recognized for my car and they ran the VIN and the only one that came back was TSB 12-017 not the 12-029. So I guess my question is why is it not every 2007-2009 MDX that should of received these firmware/software updates for 12-029. I asked Acura and they said if my VIN is not eligible with the TSB I should not peruse getting the update installed.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at www.megaupload.com.

If that address is correct, here are three other things you can try:

Try again later.
Check your network connection.
If you are connected but behind a firewall, check that Firefox has permission to access the Web.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts