Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this was posted on the forum yet but here are the service bulletins for the 07-11 MDX's. These are the files that were removed from the net by Honda/Acura.

Hope it is useful for everyone. It's a ZIP file, you can download it to your computer for future reference.

I just got the noisy rear shocks replaced yesterday and there's no more noise now from the suspension. :D

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Thanks for the TSB's. I saw that the 2011's have new types of oil for the transmission and differential fluids for improving the temperature performance and AWD extra work conditions. In addition, they explain how to perform the the idle and CKP learn procedures..

[FONT=Helvetica,Bold][FONT=Helvetica,Bold]Do the Idle Learn Procedure[/FONT][/FONT]

NOTE: Idle speed adjustment is done by the PCM;
there is no adjustment screw.

To avoid an erratic idle, do the idle learn procedure
after you install the No. 4 fuse and after you reset the
AcuraLink control unit.

1. Make sure all electrical items (A/C, radio, rear
window defogger, lights, etc.) are off.
2. Start the engine, and let it reach operating
temperature (the cooling fans cycle twice).
3. Let the engine idle for 10 minutes with the throttle
closed.
The idle learn procedure must also be done after
updating or replacing the PCM. It does not need to be
done after you clear DTCs.

[FONT=Helvetica,Bold][FONT=Helvetica,Bold]Do the CKP-Pattern Learn Procedure[/FONT][/FONT]

To ensure proper engine operation, do the CKPpattern
learn procedure after doing the idle learn
procedure. Do this procedure on a level road during
your TQI road test. The procedure consists of a lowrpm
and a high-rpm pattern learn. Make sure you do
the low-rpm pattern learn first.

[FONT=Helvetica,Italic][FONT=Helvetica,Italic]Low-rpm Pattern Learn[/FONT][/FONT]: Shift to 2 or D3, and

decelerate with the throttle fully closed from
2,500 rpm to 1,000 rpm.
[FONT=Helvetica,Italic][FONT=Helvetica,Italic]High-rpm Pattern Learn[/FONT][/FONT]: With the transmission in

the sequential sportshift mode, shift to 1, and
decelerate with the throttle fully closed from

5,000 rpm to 3,000 rpm.

AC​

·
Registered
100 Posts
Pearl Mdx you are the best!! I've been having this knocking sound from the front for a month now. 2 trips to the dealer and they said nope sounds normal. I was checking under the car and I noticed the intermediate half shield was loose. I didn't think much of it cause its bolted with this funky silver stuff between the bolt. I thought it was perhaps normal to move. After looking at the TSB B07-026 it specifically mentions the half shield being loose and causing rattling. The sound clip is exactly the sound I'm having. WOW. I have an appointment with a different dealer on Monday for a second opinion I'm just gonna say half shield is loose do your thing. Could this be an early x-mas gift. I hope so. Thanks Again!! Power to the forum!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Don't know if this was posted on the forum yet but here are the service bulletins for the 07-11 MDX's. These are the files that were removed from the net by Honda/Acura.

Hope it is useful for everyone. It's a ZIP file, you can download it to your computer for future reference.

I just got the noisy rear shocks replaced yesterday and there's no more noise now from the suspension. :D

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Where's the file???

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
40 Posts
thanks! now I know that I'm not the only one with a faulty gas fill door, not to mention the gaps in the body panel and gas door panel dont line up!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Castor/Pearl,

Do you mind posting the TSB file link again? I've got 08 MDX and would like to have it readily available, just in case...

I do get a little bumping noise from my rear suspension, my Ford Fusion is a quiter ride!
thanks,

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 56 Posts